Effective May 6, 2015
“We”, “Us”, “Our” and “CBSOK” refers to Carlyle Business Services, Inc.
“You”, “Your” and “You’re” refers to you as a visitor and user of CBSOK.COM. It also includes your employer if you are using CBSOK Services on behalf of your employer.
“CBSOK Services” refers to any website, social media site, content management system, digital publication, web application or online content produced, aggregated or maintained by us.
Your Use of CBSOK Services
By using CBSOK Services, you are agreeing to all the terms and policies shown on both this page and any additional terms or policies directly linked to from this page.
If you don’t accept these terms and policies you may not use this website or CBSOK Services.
When you use CBSOK Services, you’ll be exposed to content from sources outside CBSOK. You agree that we aren’t responsible for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of that content. You also recognize and accept that we have no control over the operations, collection of personal information, advertising or privacy policies of sites or content to which CBSOK Services may link.
You recognize and agree that CBSOK Services and the content presented are provided “as is”, and we don’t make any warranties or guarantees in regard to them.
When Can We Change Terms and Policies?
You may not use CBSOK Services in any way that:
- intereferes with our ability to deliver CBSOK Services to you or others;
- distributes unsolicited commercial communications or “spam” messages;
- links to or attempts to install malware, “Trojan” programs, viruses or any software that monitors the actions or uses of CBSOK Services by others;
- is in connection with any illegal, fraudulent, unlawful, illegal or harmful activity;
- attempts to digitally copy, archive or capture all or portions of online content produced by CBSOK Services;
- attempts to resell use of, or access to CBSOK Services.
Limitations on Your Access
We reserve the right to suspend, limit or terminate your account and your access, at any time with or without notice and with or without cause. If we have reasonable cause to believe you are conducting illegal activities, we may also refer any information on thos activities and your identity to the appropriate authorities.
Special Use Permissions
- Publicly accessible search engines (i.e. Bing, Google, Baidu, etc.) that provide visitors free search services are premitted to crawl, capture, parse and index content found in CBSOK Services.
- Publicly available RSS feeds offered as part of CBSOK services may be redisplayed by you on other online sites owned by you or your employer, providing:
- Any feed used by you is clearly identified as originating from CBSOK
- The content in the feed is offered to your visitors free of charge.
Some CBSOK Services may allow you to provide comments that are viewable by the public. We don’t allow anonymous commenting.
In order to post a comment we require you to identify yourself by using your login for one of the following social media accounts: Facebook, Twitter or Google+. Those services only independently confirm for us that a valid, registered account is being used.
You agree that you’re solely responsible for the content and tone of any comments provided by you on CBSOK Services. You also agree that you’ll not hold us responsible for the content of any comments posted by someone else.
Commenting while using CBSOK Services sites is a privilege, not a right, and we expect any comments provided by you to be both civil and respectful of others. You agree that we are entitled to make the sole determination as to whether or not content posted by you as commentary is acceptable for CBSOK Service.
If you post a comment you are acknowledging you have a legal right to post the content contained in your comment, and that nothing contained within your comment would require us to seek permission of a third party in order for it to be published.
Any comments left by you must be free of personal attacks, innuendo, false/inaccurate statements, obscenity, profanity or vulgarity of any kind.
In addition, you specifically agree you won’t include in your comments any statement that:
- promotes violence.
- contains personally identifiable information on yourself or any other person.
- defame or libel another person.
- threatens physical harm or harasses someone.
- promotes bigotry or hatred against a person or group.
- questions the motives, rather than challenges the views or opinions, of others.
- infringe on the intellectual property of someone else.
- violates any confidentiality or non-disclosure agreement to which you’re a party.
- include allegedly factual claims that we know to be wrong.
- contains any advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation.
We reserve the right to moderate all comments and remove or refuse to publish any comments that don’t adhere to these terms or the spirit of a respectful, reasonable environment for discussion. We’ll also remove any comments we believe are posted using a false or misleading identity, or if we discover you’ve used the social media account of another person to post the comment.
Claims of Infringement
It’s the policy and intention of CBSOK to operate CBSOK Services in a way that respects the intellectual property rights of others. We will promptly remove content if we are properly notified that the content infringes the copyright of another person or organization, and that claim is subsequently verified.
If you believe that copyrighted work has been used in a way which constitutes copyright infringement and is accessible on CBSOK Services, you may notify our agent, as set forth in the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (DMCA). If you need detailed information regarding DMCA notifications, please review the federal statute at 17 U.S.C. 512(c)(3).
For your notice to be valid under the DMCA, you must provide the following information when providing notice to us regarding your claim of copyright infringement:
- A statement that “under penalty of perjury” you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the content that is allegedly being infringed.
- A statement that the information in your notification is accurate.
- Identification of the specific content found on CBSOK Services you believe to be infringing and which should be removed. To help us evaluate notice, please provide screenshots and URLs whenever possible.
- A statement that you believe in good faith the use of the content you’ve identified is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law.
- Sufficient information on how you can be contacted, including an address, telephone number and e-mail address (if you have one).
- Your physical or electronic signature on the notice.
You can mail or e-mail your notification to our designated DMCA agent:
Carlyle Business Services
9428 Westgate Road, Suite 120
Oklahoma City OK 73120
Phone: (405) 722-4277
Please be advised that if you knowingly misrepresent that content on CBSOK Services is infringing, you may be subject to significant civil penalties, including monetary damages, court costs and attorneys’ fees incurred by us, the copyright owner or by any licensee of the copyright owner.
If any part of these Terms of Service are found by a court to be invalid or unenforceable, you’re still bound by the remaining terms.
If you have a claim related to your use of CBSOK Services, you agree that your claim must be provided to us in writing within one year of the date your claim first arises. If you don’t, then you permanently waive the right to raise your claim in the future. You also agree that any claim you present will be adjudicated individually. You specifically agree not to combine your claim with the claim of any other person or organization, including a class action lawsuit.
As much as we’re permitted to by law, we disclaim any express or implied warranties, including, without limitation, non-infringement, title, merchantability for fitness for a particular purpose.
We aren’t liable for your use of or reliance on CBSOK Services, including any errors in the content provided by other parties or through our links to any other website.
You agree that we will not be liable under any theory of tort, contract, strict liability or other legal equitable theory for any direct, direct, special, incidental or other consequential damages, lost profits, lost data, lost opportunities, costs of cover, exemplary, punitive, personal injury or wrongful death. You also agree that will not be liable regardless of whether or not we’ve benn advised of the possibility of such damages.
We don’t warrant or guarantee that the functions contained in CBSOK Services or any content presented is completely secure, uninterrupted or error-free. Due to the constantly changing Internet security environment and dependence on third-party software and servers in providing CBSOK Services, we also don’t guarantee or warrant that those services are completely secure, or free from harmful components.
We don’t warrant or guarantee that a defect in a CBSOK Services will be corrected within a specific timeframe, or at all.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless CBSOK, LLC, its officers, directors, employees, business partners and agents, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including attorney’s fees) arising from:
- your use of CBSOK Services;
- comments you post on CBSOK Services;
- a violation by you of applicable law or any agreement with a third party to which you are subject;
- your infringement of another person’s intellectual property rights, including copyright, trademark, or trade secret;
- violation of any person’s right to privacy.
If any of our warranty disclaimers, limitations of liability or indemnifications are found to be invalid or unenforceable for any reason, or if we are otherwise found by a court to be liable to you in any manner, then you agree our aggregate liability for all claims under such circumstances for liability will be limited to a maximum of one hundred dollars ($100.00).
“Personally Identifiable Information” refers to information that identifies or can be used to identify a specific individual. Examples are your name, address and telephone number. Some of this data (except for name) may be shared as Aggregate Data.
“Visitation Data” refers to information generated by your activities on the Internet, but which can’t be matched to you as an individual directly by us. Examples are the IP address, referring site, referring search engine (or search terms) and the date/time of your visit. If you access CBSOK Services from a mobile or other device, it also includes any unique device identifier assigned to that device and its geographic location. This data may be shared as Aggregate Data with outside technical and marketing consultants.
“Cookies” means data that a website or web-based service transfers to your computer or mobile device for record-keeping purposes. Cookies may be used to preserve your preferences, location and status while navigating the Internet.
“Aggregate Data” means cumulative totals, averages or collections of personally identifiable information that have been combined in such a way as to ensure no person can be individually identified. By example, your address might be personally identifiable data, but a statistic that “93 people from City A visited a website last month” is aggregated data.
What This Policy Covers
It doesn’t apply to information we may obtain by offline means, such as purchases of e-mailing lists from commercial providers or public records sources. It also doesn’t apply to information we’ve obtained from online sources where you’ve voluntarily provided the information with the intention it be made publicly available.
CBSOK Services may contain links to other websites that are not maintained or related to CBSOK Services. These links are provided as a convenience and service for you. However, even though CBSOK Services may receive and display content from some of these sites we don’t completely or routinely review them or have control over them or their policies. Therefore, we aren’t responsible for the privacy policies and practices of these other sites.
You have the right to keep your personally identifiable information private.
We employ technological measures to protect any personal information you submit from misuse and loss. These measures are also designed to protect personal information from unauthorized access, modification, and disclosure. However, when using CBSOK Services you recognize and agree that no privacy protection measures are entirely foolproof when data is transmitted and stored over the Internet.
Personally Identifiable Information
You are not required to submit personally identifiable information to utilize CBSOK Services. We only collect personally identifiable information if you volunteer to provide it or undertake an activity which requires you to login, such as commenting.
You may only submit personally identifiable information to CBSOK Services if you are age 18 or older. When you disclose personal information on this website, you are representing that you’re an adult in the locale in which you live.
Websites that are accessible by hyperlinks from CBSOK Services will have their own privacy policies. Before providing personally identifiable information to those sites, we encourage you to read and understand the respective website’s privacy policies.
By submitting personally identifiable information via CBSOK Services, you agree that we may collect, use, store and disclose that personally identifiable information within the CBSOK organization for any purpose related to our operation of CBSOK Services, marketing and distribution of content.
For example, we may use your personally identifiable information to analyze the effectiveness of our online and offline marketing efforts and to develop future products, services, and marketing programs we feel may be of interest to you.
We may also use your personally identifiable information to initiate e-mail communications to you from CBSOK. However, any such communications will also contain a link, method or instructions on how you can opt out of receiving such communications.
We will not disclose, share, give away, rent or resell your personally identifiable information to any third-party. The only exceptions to this policy are the following:
- We may disclose personally identifiable information to law enforcement agencies, courts or other governmental authorities if we are legally required to do so.
- If disclosure would protect against harm the rights, property or safety of our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
- If your personally identifiable information is transferred due to the completion of a merger, reorganization, or sale to a third party of CBSOK or a major portion of its assets.
Visitation Data and Cookies
CBSOK Services gathers traffic patterns, site-usage, and other aggregated data from visitors. We use this data to evaluate visitor preferences, identify trends in content usage and to generally improve the quality of our services.
CBSOK Services extensively utilize cookies for the following purposes:
- To provide data needed by CBSOK Services in order to tailor your user experience, and to match your interests and present you with the information which we believe you will find the most useful.
- To make possible the collection of more detailed Visitation Data, including site navigations patterns and the amount of time spent viewing various types of content.
- To measure the success or failure of our online marketing and advertising campaigns.
- To assist us in identifying the most and least popular content offered by CBSOK Services.
- To limit the number of times you see a CBSOK-related piece of advertising.
- To assist managers of CBSOK Services in making changes that will increase users’ ability to find content via search engine keywords.
CBSOK Services also utilizes Google Analytics to measure the visitation, efficiency and effectiveness of our online properties. As part of that process, information is generated by a special cookie about your use of CBSOK Services and transmitted to Google. This cookie is combined by Google with other cookies and data to provide advertising based on your past visits to CBSOK Services and possibly other online sites you’ve visited. By using this website, you agree to the processing of data about you by Google in this manner.
The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website including your IP address may be transmitted to and stored by Google. Google may also transfer your information to third parties where required to do so by law, or in situations where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf.
Special Notice for California Residents
The California Business and Professions Code states that California residents are entitled to know how CBSOK Services will respond to a “Do Not Track” setting in their browsers. Since there is no widely adopted standard or uniform technology regarding this process as yet, CBSOK Services takes no action to respond to Do Not Track settings in browsers.